We’re hard at work planning our ride for 2013.
Our annual bike ride is quite the experience. We design it in such a way that the route – although long – can be accomplished by riders from any experience level, from beginning cyclists to hardcore commuters to racers.
Our rides are not designed as a race. In fact, we encourage you to enjoy the ride – and pedal at a pace comfortable to you. Riding solo? Don’t be afraid to join us! You’ll become a part of our family as soon as you join. You’ll have support from our ride coordinator leading up to the ride. The day of? Youll meet many awesome people and have a team of folks along the route to cheer you on each and every mile.
Still deciding if your down for the cause? Here’s a few of the basics about Streets + Beets:
– Up to 100 cyclists can be accommodated
– Pre-ride Yoga hosted by Yoga For Bikers at 8:45 AM.
– Ride will depart at 9:30 AM at a location TBD.
– Each cyclist will have a fundraising minimum to meet – this is $100.
– For 2013, we’re cutting a lunch stop and investing more in an official after party at the end of the ride.
– The ride will be between 40-60 miles and should take anywhere from 4 – 6 hours to complete.
– The ride is fully supported: the route is marked using the Dan Henery marking system, riders will have step by step cue sheets, 1-2 sag vehicles throughout the ride, and on route mechanics in the event you need a hand with anything bike related.
– The route has rest stops every 10 – 15 miles packed with nibbles to fuel your ride.
– A light breakfast along with dinner is served.
– Prizes are offered as incentives to raise as much as you can.
We’ll update this with specifics once everything is confirmed! Questions? Let us know.
ABOUT THE RIDE
Every year, we temporarily trade in our pitchforks for our bicycles and throw Streets + Beets as our main fundraising event to fund Alleycat Acres. 100% of funds raised benefit us and allow us to further our mision of connecting people, place + produce through building a network of neighborhood run farms.